Monday, September 27, 2010

Permesso la grassa...excuse me fatty!

So, our Italian Viaggio is drawing to a close as we are off to gay Paris this evening and I recognise that my blogging and fat investigative efforts have been somewhat hampered by our day and night tripping across Bella Italia! As previously mentioned, the little I have seen of the Italian 'Fitness Industry' is that it is virtually non existent with only a very few handful of gyms sprouting up in some really strange places...to date the only advertisements for gym type facilities have been in Sorrento (opening in November) and Venice (of all bloody places where you can't even swing a cat due to the space restrictions!!). I took a photo of the advert for your info:


What has been really evident whilst on our viaggio is the number of obese and morbidly obese travellers there are around the countryside. A lot of whom appear to be American and British if the accents are to go by...

On another note, today (Monday 27 September - our last day in Italy) we (the G-Star) and I came across (by coincydink) a set of death dealers in a farmacia...so for shits and giggles I jumped on to see what damage has been done in the past three weeks without Satan's Lair and the Washinator...well fully clothed with shoes and straight after breakfast the Italian Death Dealers indicated my current weight as being 103kg...now I realise people that this is heavier than I left the Australian shores BUT I am actually not unhappy with this as I really believe that in the scheme of things, when I return to sunny Brisvegas the death dealers may indicate that I have been able to maintain a level of homeostasis with my weight during the viaggio!!!

So as mentioned, off to Paris this evening and the hotel we are staying at for the next 5 days has a gym and a swimming pool SO...the intention is to start to get back in to some type of exercise regime prior to our departure from the continent in preparation for the 12 weeks shred with Washi when I return...oh boy wont you get some reading enjoyment out of that!!!

So, until the next entry...yours wrapped in Italian cheese, wine and gelati

F'Athlete d'Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment