Sunday, September 5, 2010

As Janet Jackson so eloquently put it...I'm in CONTROL

So, after many weeks of screaming 'WHY' from the rooftops or at least from the privacy of my suburban bedroom I had (yet another) epiphany on my morning torture test with the Washinator...it really is time to take control of this (fat) situation and get informed as to the why's, wherefores and roundabouts of weight loss for a person with no functioning thyroid, who takes synthetic hormones in order to function and how (if at all) this has or has not been adversely affecting my fat loss attempts!!  We can safely say 'Houston I think we have a problem...' After 16 weeks of between 2-4 hours exercise 5-6 days per week, a low calorie diet, lots of whining, whingeing and waddling we are STILL stuck at the same place - that is fluctuating between 99.9 and 100.6kg...and to be perfectly honest...It's getting kinda boring!

So, breaking it down to the very basics...exercise is good, intensity (thanks to the Washinator) is excruciating, food (although there is some minor fluctuations) has been for the most part...good...so checking all the calorie in/calorie out boxes and what is the result? Still FAT!!

I am thinking there may be a little more to our/my FAT problem than at first meets the eye...

With the Spring/Autumn (depending what hemisphere you happen to reside in) sojourn just around the corner I have decided I really need to look at the current lack of weight loss + crap body + medication +++ in a bit of a different light.

Have been trawling the Internet (is there any other way) for information, direction, assistance etc...looked through the American Thyroid Association website (www.thyroid.org) which gave some decent background/rudimentary information but am still searching for something more...don't get me wrong, I am not looking for the magic pill or quick fix option...as an intelligent person and with the fiasco of Living Biggest Loser as my starting point I think we can all safely assume that the next 40kg is going to be neither quick nor easy but I need something that will address what is so evidently a lack of metabolic functioning in my fat little body! Anyone with suggestions out there that might be able to help???

Hi Ho, the day petered out like most of the others at the moment...did have a great dinner out with the Washinator and the Beautiful Ari (the Ho to my Mo)...and did wake up with a hangover after a single beer...PATH...ET....IC!!!!!!

Life is in somewhat of a holding pattern at the moment with everyone in the household a little excited due to the Italian sojourn that is really now, just mere days away.

That said...the Washinator is determined to extract every last bit of fat sweat out of me prior to our departure and just 'popped' in on Friday night to lock in the training times for the last four days prior to our departure....aren't I lucky???

So all in all, in spite of my ramblings, life continues along my little fat path with very little movement on the death dealers and certainly no movement in the size 18 on a good day clothing...

The crusade continues (and very soon will be continuing on another continent people!!)

Your F'Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment