Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Fatness Within

A fire has been raging in my little fat belly for about a week now and it is high fat time it was unleashed on the unsuspecting public!! I'm pissed, I'm fat and now I'm really angry. Four months ago I embarked on a social experiment in fat loss biggest loser style...in spite of my head telling me that this was a futile path to commence down, my heart wished beyond all get out that the 'entertainment' that is the Biggest Loser wasn't some fantasy created for the viewing public pleasure but rather a realistic, achievable weight loss program that would see me dropping 40+ kilos in a mere 16 weeks.

In spite of the fact that I don't have a thyroid (or uterus for that matter), the fact that my metabolism is controlled by artificial substances, the fact that I have been overweight/obese my entire adult life, the fact that...well I HATE EXERCISE...I just knew that if I gave it my best little fat shot I would do what the 'contestants' on the Biggest Loser could do...I could lose massive amounts of weight in a very limited time....and guess what....

I FAILED...and this week my failure has been made even more public with the preemptive removal of my fat shrine from my 'supportive' gym due to the fact that it was determined by people (other than myself and certainly not in consultation with me) that my weight loss failure over the past 16 weeks meant that the 'support' provided by the fit and fabulous industry would be withdrawn and all signs of me removed without further consultation or discussion.

This is probably a pertinent time to mention that the fit and fabulous facility that I had approached to 'support' me through my experiment did so at absolutely no financial cost to them rather I have paid for every aspect of my 'assistance' from the fitness industry from the $17.95 per week for gym membership to the ridiculous $42.50 per session for '30minutes' 'personal' training, 6 times a week for 12 weeks from a former grocery salesman. Yes people, I AM PISSED...and to add insult to injury, for whatever reason, I am still FAT!!! Apparently, according to recent 'gym' scuttlebut my 'apparently monumental failure' of losing 13+ kilos over 16 weeks was going to have an adverse effect on gym membership at the club for 'everybody' and as such, I had to go...or at least my fat shrine and any traces of my perceived fit and fabulous bench marked failure were to disappear...another fat person not suitable to the incredibly high 'standards' of the fit and fabulous gym/fitness industry!!!

This has sparked a fire in my fatness within...a crusade so to speak to expose the underside of an unregulated industry that does absolutely nothing to assist fat people with the challenge they face to lose weight and get healthy.

I need to caveat my ramblings with a few clauses:

Clause One: I love and will continue to love the Washinator who along with a rare few other individuals (Graham, Treva, Jess, Janet, Jason, Sally, Sharif) are the exception to the fitness industry rule - they are committed, compassionate and focused on actually providing services, support and encouragement for the fatties who are giving their all to improve their health and wellbeing!

Clause Two: I am and will be committed to my own fat/weight loss and improved health as I progress through this on-going social experiment

Clause Three: I love with all my heart and soul the G-Star, the Madster and Benji for their on-going, continuous and sometimes conditional support and encouragement

Clause Four: I need you my supporters and followers to join the cause, to spread the word and to encourage as many people as possible to join my blog, follow my dramas and contribute their own stories about an industry that really has absolutely nothing to do with overweight or obese people but is only about the fit and fabulous.

Over the next few weeks we are going to travel, train and experience weight loss on a global scale, together we are going to journey to other parts of the globe and investigate the ways in which different cultures and societies approach weight loss and even more importantly fat people. We are going to blog about it, discuss it, deconstruct it and by gods we are going to come up with better ways to help the fat and fabulous of us who want to get healthy!!

I am on my soap box people and I am not getting down until we effect some positive change for all the fatties in the world who are shunned, frightened, humiliated and discriminated against by a 'fitness' industry that is actually supposed to help them...

Let's go people...put on your fatness capes and take the leap...let's watch the fat fly!!

Yours in fitfatness

F'Athlete - the Fit Fat Crusader

No comments:

Post a Comment