Friday, July 2, 2010

The Tour De Fat - Week 8 Friday 02 July

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, and flags go up
Churning and burning they yearn for the cup
(from the Distance by Cake)

Well the only true statement in that little lyrical segway is RELUCTANTLY...oh I need to digress or you simply will not follow the torture trail...

Well the dreaded Friday has finally rolled around...desperately searching for ways to avoid this but alas I can find none...the Living Biggest Loser Posse is in place and threatening me with physical violence if as their Team Fatty I do not line up at the start for the Tour De Fat (otherwise known as RPM with Treva!)

But we really need to start at the beginning and I realise my ramblings so far in this blog entry are very much related to the fact that I have been having an out of body experience for the past 6 hours due to oxygen deficiency and pain!

So the morning started off like all the others...wake up, bribe the G-Star with breakfast in bed (with a cup of tea) and then off to Satan's Lair for the morning's PT - Personal Torture:

Training Time:8.56am
Length of Training Time: 35min 34sec
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 200
Cal Fat: 33%

Like all 'professional fat'hletes' that was just the warm up...needed to be limber and flexed and in Lycra (just kidding we can't scar ALL the people at Satan's Lair) in order to lead the Fatty's Posie on....

THE TOUR DE FAT

What is the Tour De Fat you may ask??? Well, if we hark back a few weeks I think you will all remember the 9min effort for Treva's Tuesday afternoon RPM class...the arse (and all my Girly Bits) just would not cut it!! However, greased up with a fat person's gel seat and bullied by my peeps (G-Star, Madster, Jess, Jan Jan and of course Bastardo) into agreeing to giving it another spin (excuse the pun) and we were off and peddling in the Tour De Fat...

Now I can't say the fat person gel seat completely served its purpose as my sizable arse (and other bits) still hurt like buggery BUT...

I DID IT!!!

I completed the first stage of the Tour De Fat with all fat bits relatively intact (bar for slight dairy air bruising) and worked up a sizable sweat (and calorie burn in the effort!!!)

Training Time:9.30am
Length of Training Time: 1hour 05min 57sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 404
Cal Fat: 33%

Stage 1 of the Tour De Fat entailed climbs, sprints, ride easy (my sore arse ride easy) etc etc. The enigmatic Treva was there spurring the Fatsters (that's my riding Group Team) on for the entire Stage and, with a little twinkle in my eye and some big bloody bruises on my bum (in spite of the fat person gel seat)...I crossed the finish line...and so did my entire team!!! Score one for the Fatsters!!!

With little else to do for the day other than my blissful massage and steam the day was all in all a relatively good one.

A trip to the Doctor rounded out the events of the day and Yes, 'professional f'at'hlete' that I am, I have strained my right calf muscle and need to do a bit of a reassess as to how to keep up with the intensive cardio without completely f**king my chances of solid weight loss for the next 10 weeks. So another expense to add to the list is off to the Physio next week for a little look see, copious amounts of pain killers and no full on running on the dreadmill at least for a few days ...devastated :)

So with that as the last thought of the day...it's under 100kg or bust people!!!

Yours in fatness

LBL


No comments:

Post a Comment