Saturday, May 1, 2010

THE Plan

Following on from my first post, where you were all left hanging no doubt in uncomfortable anticipation, it is now time to reveal my PLAN.

As previously mentioned, this has been 15+ years in the making and what many would say is a lifetime of procrastination but finally I have made a decision..I AM GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT!

That said, it is probably worthwhile highlighting that I don't intend to lose weight just any ol' way, oh no, not me! I, in my limited grasp on my own sanity, thought it would be novel to undertake a social (and personal) experiment, so to speak, using myself as the obstinate, fat Guinea pig (or equally tubby lab rat...take your pick).

So this is THE PLAN:

As mentioned earlier, having been an avid watcher, criticiser, commentator and all round sarcastic bitch when watching the last 3,4 or 5 (I can't remember now) series of the Biggest Loser (both Australian and American editions) I have decided that the only way to prove (or disprove) my cynicism is to actual Live the Biggest Loser - realty style!

Now, I'm not a big one for 'reality' television. Actually I think it's a pile of shit to be perfectly honest which is probably why I didn't personally stick my fat hand up and make a hideous application video for the actual Biggest Loser show. Having said that, it is fascinating how a 'competition' as it is sold to the broader overweight public has become such a staple of our viewing entertainment.

So, over the next 3 months (in the house so to speak) I intend to live, eat, breath, sweat, dream and all other bodily functions - BIGGEST LOSER STYLE.

I am going to 'put myself' in the game and each week will 'weigh in' against the other contestants (from previous Australian and American series) and pit myself against them in an effort to figure out whether or not the overwhelming social influence such a program has on the overweight and obese around the country (and the globe) is warranted.

In addition to this, I will be tracking the various costs associated with Living Biggest Loser...this will include the financial, social and other costs of embarking upon this experiment.

In order to achieve this experiment, I have spent the better part of the last month preparing for my entry in the 'house'. Over the next few posts I will take you through what this preparation has entailed, what it has cost so far and some of the what I hope to achieve by actually embarking upon this insanity.

So until I take that walk down the long Biggest Loser House driveway...

Yours in fatness

LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment