Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 3 - Wednesday 26 May

It would appear that Wednesday has officially become my bewitching day! I seem to have a crisis of fat on Wednesday and everything slides into oblivion. Well oblivion on the Biggest Loser scale!

Wednesday was a really lack lustre day as far as exercise goes and the night ended with a new version of Kermit's all time classic - "It's not easy being green"...my version..."It's easier being fat!" - so having got into 'it' with the G-Star and her very limited levels of compassion for my crises of fat ('Stop being such a Victim') - I thought it would be worthwhile attempting to express what it is I really mean by saying/singing "It's easy being fat."

Fat is a state of mind as well as a state of body!

Let's be honest...being fat is, for the most part, comfortable. You don't have to think about what you put in your mouth (by way of food - you filthy minded bloggers), you don't need to look at 'creative' ways to expend energy and really until your body starts to revolt (Type 2 Diabetes etc) you really don't have to give a rats about how it is adversely affecting your health (because really, as far as you're concerned - you're in great health). Eating is a fun, comforting, social activity which makes you feel good, happy, euphoric some might say. Exercise is the enemy - pain, sweat, pain, pain and pain. In your own mind you're actually NOT THAT FAT. You can still by all the unattractive clothes you want at the fat people's section of Myer...I'm sure it's only when you wake up and discover yourself wearing a Muu-Muu that you think...maybe I should get this in black...it's probably more slimming. OK admittedly you may have sex with the lights out and the shades drawn so the room is pitch black but come on...that's romantic!

On the other had the effort required to not be fat is just a little too much really. Counting calories, doing exercise, depriving yourself of all the yummy foods you so crave...as I said before and you can print this and stick it up on your walls as a quote from your Fatness Guru

"Fat is a state of mind as well as a state of body!"

What I'm finding interesting about this competition is that the further I get into it (OK so it's only week three but work with me here) the more the fat mind comes into play. I'm discovering it's both a blessing and a curse. Some days...like Wednesday, it's a curse...it tells you I can't, I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm in pain...these are the down days and the only thing that I seem to be able to do 'right' on these days in not to gorge myself senseless on Tim-Tams and Kentucky Fried Chicken (damn you Colonel Sanders and your 11 herbs and spices....damn you!) On these days you have to, somehow try not to lose fat (oops sorry I mean face) and tell yourself that like all challenges in life - this too will pass. Even as I'm typing it I register what a load of crap this sounds like! Yes, the Tim-Tams will pass your lips (the entire packet) and they will then pass into more fat on your hips (or wherever else that fat seems to congregate) so in that sense yes this too will pass. All I can tell you and myself is that one crap day does not a Biggest Loser make! So somehow I will need to dust myself off, throw out those Tim-Tams and find my way back to the gym tomorrow.

The days minimal efforts:
Training Time:5.59am
Length of Training Time: 1 hour 49sec
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 480
Cal Fat: 37%

Training Time:7.54am
Length of Training Time: 48min 20sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 452
Cal Fat: 28%

At this point, a big weight loss week is seeming to me at least like a major impossibility!

Yours in fatness

LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment