Friday, May 28, 2010

Week 3 - Friday 28 May

Suffice to say, I'm a little fatigued. There appears to be a lot of questions floating in cyberspace to the trainers from the Biggest Loser about whether or not the contestants get 'sore' with all the training. Well, now coming to the end of week three and only now getting into some sort of routine I can say with some level of authority that it's not so much sore but tired.

Given the fact that the majority of exercise being done is cardio ie treadmill, cross trainer, cardio box etc the muscles are not so much sore as fatigued...I guess this could amount to another kind of sore but is it can't sit down on the toilet to pee sore...no, not at all.

So Friday was a bit of a bust in terms of training as my body was, in real terms, screaming out for some sleep. I did train in the morning but that was really the extent of it for the day. In terms of daily stats:

Training Time:6.08am
Length of Training Time: 1 hour 30min 01sec
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 696
Cal Fat: 38%

That was it in a nutshell...really fell down on the 4 hours training a day. It's becoming increasingly apparent that attempting to play this game sans the 'White House' or 'Ranch' is a bit more challenging than anticipated.

Also had another epiphany today, that being, shock horror, I actually don't think I'm eating enough. The most dangerous thing for me (with the completely second rate, bit part body I have) is to not eat enough in an attempt to curb the calories. My Endocrinologist - Topher has attempted to explain this to me in terms of evolutionary non progress. So here goes:

Although as a race/society humans have continued to evolve in many ways such as technologically, farming methods, food availability, ease of access to wide varieties of food types and more sedentary lives unfortunately, for many of the truly fat, our individual bodies have not been as 'successful' (if we can call it that) in the evolutionary spectrum. Put another way, we fatties would outlast all you fit and fabulous bastards in a famine! Why...we store fat and we are f***ing good at it. Our society/lives may have evolved but we haven't...if our bodies think we are starving we go into fight mode...we store fat, and we store it well! If we were Cave people, we would be the bloody Kings and Queens of the Tribes! But alas, we are not Cave people (although some could argue that a large proportion of our population do constitute such a step back in the evolutionary soup...I digress) so instead of being Kings and Queens we are taken to be fat, lazy lumps of lard...bottom dwellers really. This is why, throughout this experiment I really need to focus on making sure I actually do eat enough - enough of the 'good' foods that is!

So, that said I think I may have actually f***ed my chances of the huge weight loss week I had anticipated with being 'too clever' about reducing calories...lesson learnt.

On that note, I will call it a day and speak to you all tomorrow.

Yours in fatness

LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment