Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 3 - Thursday 27 May

OK Time to dust yourself off and SWEAT!

After the lack lustre performance of the previous day this needed to be a BIG ONE! So with that in mind...I decided NOT to think. I find that this is working for me in terms of exercise. If I don't plan the day out, write it down and have time to think about it...the fat mind doesn't have a chance to harpoon my big arse and tell me to stay in bed! So with that in mind, the day kicked off at the ungodly hour of 5.00am.

In order to get the G-Star to continue with her awesome support of this insane project I have to debase myself and resort to the age old bribe of...breakfast in bed in order to get her semi-conscious and dressed for a cardio session at the gym. So a bleary eyed G-Star and a fat LBL head off to the chamber of torture and are off and walking (G-Star running) at 6.17am. I must admit in spite of my particularly awesome cardio funk mix that I have created on my I-Pod, I still find even the thought of running (even an old women shuffle) completely overwhelming. Add to that the fact that the shoes I bought are actually cross-trainers and rather cumbersome I am sure this is adding to my mental barrier. That said, onto the treadmill I went and pulled off an average performance:

Training Time:6.17am
Length of Training Time: 35min
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 339
Cal Fat: 30%

From here, once again with very little thought, I went straight into a PT session with Barstardo:

Training Time:7.00am
Length of Training Time: 31min 58sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 307
Cal Fat: 26%

Once again with absolutely no thought and a huge cup of coffee (mmm nector of the gods) headed straight to the pool for a cardio recovery:

Training Time:8.20am
Length of Training Time: 45min 03sec
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 698
Cal Fat: 11%

Then it was straight out the pool into walking gear and on the road for another cardio session of walking:

Training Time:9.31am
Length of Training Time: 53min 33sec
Intensity: 1-2
Calories Burnt: 504
Cal Fat: 30%

By the time I arrived home and had something to eat it was time for a Nana nap. Once happily ensconced in the cloud that is my bed I finally had time to think...and what did I think...I am absolutely buggered...I can't do any more today. Oh but how wrong I was...

The Bastardo (he really is a wonderful trainer) as previously mentioned has taken to doing a cardio work out at the same time in the afternoons that I head off to the gym - this may be the result of him saying 'meet me here for a cardio session at 4pm' it may not?

Anyhoo, it would seem that the B-Man (who has his own ideas about how to strip fat off this little fat duck) and the Bastardo have gotten their heads together and decided...IT"S TIME I STARTED TO RUN. Truly there has never been a more frightening sentence uttered. Even the thought of running breaks me in to a cold, clammy sweat with the fat mind screaming 'kill me now for even you cannot be this cruel'. And cruel it was - 30minutes of pure torture:

Training Time:4.10pm
Length of Training Time: 38min 29sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 412
Cal Fat: 22%

Gasping for breath, slipping in pools (yes POOLS) of my own sweat, unable to communicate except through what could be possibly classified as obscene gestures and with a somewhat disconcerting sense of being dead and watching this tragic comedy unravel whilst floating on my saintly cloud eating a packet of Tim-Tams, I hobbled off the treadmill for the final time today.

What became abundantly clear during this torture was I need some running shoes...yes a fat person actually requiring running shoes. So off to the shops we go...limping due to the inordinate amount of pain in my shins to purchase my first pair of running shoes in many a year!

Cost of Brooks Running Shoes: $219.00
Cost of imported from the US cushion socks $89.00 (for three pair)

Home to a wonderful, low calorie dinner cooked by the wonderful Maddie and then off to bed. All in all a good day!

Yours in fatness

LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment