Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 8 - Tuesday 29 June

It's under 100kg or bust this week people! Having re-grouped from my 5day funk of last week, I have harnessed a new determination (unfortunately still working with the same sub-standard product - me) and finally taken the Donna Summers song into my heart and found a new attitude! (At least I think it's Donna Summers - correct please if I am wrong!)

BIG FOCUS for the remainder of week 8 - food...being absolutely, 100% NO 200% spot on with my food - Yes Molly that means no more Vita Wheats with butter and Vegemite - I digress...Molly, Kylie and the Grasshopper are our (the G-Star and my) Bella Bitches...to be precise their our suppliers...our drug of choice Barons so to speak...THEY MAKE THE BEST COFFEE IN THE WORLD!!!! and they are also reading my blog...if only to be able to take the piss out of me! When I dared to question the Barista integrity of my Bella Bitches the other day by seeking assurance that my half strength,skinny jumbo latte was being made on skim milk the lovely, and obviously very quick witted Molly highlighted that perhaps my downfall has not been the coffee but rather the Vita Wheat with butter and veg! Good point Sensai, good point...

So with a wake up call from one of my not so avid followers and considering the completely pathetic funk I had gotten myself in to last week...I am determined that this week will see me below 100kg or I will die trying!!!

So today dawned with a new fat verve, so to speak, a not so sprightly spring in my step and off to Satan's Lair to start the day's torture...

Training Time:7.43am
Length of Training Time: 55min 00sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 476
Cal Fat: 25%

We are officially off and running - literally... so let's talk about running for a second. Have you ever had the misfortune of witnessing a 102.3kg fatty attempting to run on a treadmill...I don't mean on the television, I mean in REAL LIFE??? It ain't pretty but unfortunately it's necessary. I have learnt over the past 7 weeks that the key to solid fat loss is cardiovascular exercise and the pinnacle of cardio is...the interval train!!! Interval training is...A BITCH...it hurts, you sweat like all get out and breathing is an optional extra that you valiantly attempt to achieve before everything turns black and you concuss yourself as you are falling flat on your face on the dreadmill! So, that's what I mean by running...

And more running I did...back to Satan's Lair for my afternoon beat up with the Bastardo and the G-Enabler...yes that's right her name has officially changed from the G-Star to the G-Enabler...why..work with me here people we're in for another ride...

So after the morning session...the G-Star had a meeting in the city...so, given that we are still down to one car...her little fat Chauffeur delivered her to her meeting with the promise of a collection and coffee at the brilliant new 'celebrity' hang out - obviously it's celebrity - I'm going there! (owned and operated by the lovely Ben and luscious Ryan) - Symposium at Teneriffe/Fortitude Valley. Having ensured I had consumed my morning Fruit Shake so as not to be hungry and tempted by the luscious and lovely Symposium menu, collected the G-Star with the Madster and headed to coffee. This is where the G-Star morphed into the evil G-Enabler. As previously mentioned this week's word dojour is 'food'! and come fat or high water my caloric intake and menu for the week is going to be SPOT ON! So, a coffee was what I was scheduled to have and THAT's what I was going to have...the G-Star however is not required to be sooo diligent about her caloric intake and nor do I require her to...the G-Star does not have a weight problem and her support and never ending dedication on most days is the only thing that really gets me through, so I have absolutely no expectation that she or the perfectly proportioned Madster abstain from enjoying the lovely treats on offer at Symposium. Where we run in to problems is that because the G-Star loves me unconditionally she has loved me through fat, more fat and most fat...she sometimes becomes a little bit blind to my caloric shortcomings...hence her evil alter ego comes out to play and we are introduced to G-Enabler... (keep watching this spot there will be a product line produced for the G-Enabler...T-Shirts, Caps etc) The G-Enabler loves to say to little fat me, here honey try a bit of this Belgium Waffle with full fat extra dollop cream, strawberries and honey....IT'S DELICIOUS!!! Now I realise the G-Enabler believes that a 'little' taste wont hurt and hell she loves me anyway but NO...NO...NO evil G-Enabler away with you, curse your evil calories wrapped in a whipped layer of cream with strawberries...away with you. The fat little chunker returned home victorious...nary a waffle or drop of cream passed these fat little lips!!

So, back to Satan's Lair and that's right, more running:

Training Time:4.00pm
Length of Training Time: 37min 44sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 359
Cal Fat: 22%

Fortunately for me, the evil G-Enabler went back to her caloric laden lair and the G-Star reappeared for the afternoon and evening's festivities. Not content with ending the day on that piddly amount of training, we backed up for another run:

Training Time:6.50pm
Length of Training Time: 23min 06sec
Intensity: 1-3
Calories Burnt: 224
Cal Fat: 21%

A quick sauna and the day was done...according to my Biggest Loser Calorie monitoring chart my day's caloric deficit came in at a decent 2389 calories...not too shabby even if I do say so myself.

Although the shins are suffering a bit and yes the bedroom smells like a football locker room thanks to the Denko rub...I am pretty pleased with my efforts for the day...we're off an running people...under 100kg or bust!!!

Yours in fatness

LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment